Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Fun-tivities!

Summer is officially on full-blast in Texas! It's crazy hot and muggy outside as early as 7 am. So with 3 kids at home, inside activities are the best way to go.

I've decided to be really intentional with my time over the summer with the kids. To see this as an excellent opportunity for investing into their lives. I love them to pieces, but we all need structure in order to survive the long days with each other.

So I'm kind of approaching this as my summer teaching job. I created a daily schedule, a weekly menu (even listing snacks), and weekly activities, crafts, and lessons (Bible stories and character development). Each week we have two major outings, and we have something special to do every day- whether it's just fingerpainting or making a tent in the living room.

I found a lot of resources online, and from a book called The Preschooler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner. Our local libraries and malls have lots of activities just for the summer, and even the movie theaters have special discount days. If you have other suggestions, leave me a comment- I would love more ideas!

Hopefully, we will have a blast this summer making memories for years to come. And... we won't kill each other. That's the other goal. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!