Saturday, February 14, 2009

New Art

This week was much better- no major crises and I don't know what to do with myself. :)

I finally finished a piece of art that I started last year (click on "Delicate" to see a bigger image), and I sent it to my partner in a writing/art swap for inspiration. She will write something based on my art, and I will create art based on the poem she sent me. You can read more about it here. I'm really excited about this challenge, since I've tried for a while to find ways to unite two of my passions (writing & art).

I also finished some more pendants and posted them in my Etsy shop, so you'll have to stop by and take a peek.
Here are some recent additions:


Thanks to all of the wonderful artists who participated in the One World One Heart Giveaway! I actually won 2 mixed media pieces (yahoo for me!), and one of my art pendants is going to the winner of my giveaway, Jann Cook.  Thank you to all of the wonderful people who signed up for my drawing, and especially to those of you that left such encouraging comments. OWOH was a blast & I will definitely be involved again next year!

7 comments:

Chrisy said...

The painting is exquisite...I'm off to read about the project...thanks for sharing...

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

Michelle,

The new pieces are great !

Do you keep up w/your B vitamins??

BTW- Had a little snafu w/mailing out my giveaways.(daughter sick & it threw me all off schedule) But it's all wrapped up and ready to go tomorrow:) So sorry- PLz. Forgive:) Lydia :)

---I also want to incorporate more of my poems/writings w/artwork. Will have to focus on this. Great post to trigger my inspiration:)Th. U. la

Linda Vincent said...

Your pendants are fabulous Michelle and the writing project sounds fascinating. I look forward to seeing more.
Linda :-)
PS Glad you liked my rock!

KimDoll said...

I love the painting. I saw it in your house last week and meant to comment on it to you, but I got distracted. (Easy to happen when there's 3 toddlers running around.)

I'm so happy I have your blog now! I am thoroughly enjoying thumbing through it. :)

Healing Expressions said...

Very powerful artwork Michelle! I have too felt that fine line/ tightrope of trying to balance my own life! Creative Blessings!

Brandi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Love your pendants!! I will have to follow your etsy link and bookmark you there!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!