Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shame

She dresses for the evening with delicate precision
Revealing more of her skin than of her mind
She walks into the room, puts on her sweetest smile
Hoping that she'll please, and he will never see

Her shame
For she wants to be loved and held
By a man who understands who she is
Deep inside underneath her skin
Lies the girl who is lost within

He goes out in the evening with purposeful decision
Revealing his desire for escape
He walks into the room, living a fantasy
Hoping that she'll please, but he will never see

It was never meant to be like this
Shallow pleasure, hollow touch
The greatest need we all have 
Is to love and be loved within

*If you want to hear the song, go to www.findingcadence.com

2 comments:

Renee said...

Total impact. Thank you for sharing this. xoxo

Renee

Healing Expressions said...

Such powerful imagery in those lyrics! I have been over just listening to your music. You guys are gifted. I have been praying that God would give me a musical community here...to find a place to for the music again. My recovery journey took me out of the path I was on all those years ago..He knew what He was doing though...I long for the release again...to create to write to sing..to record a collecion of healing songs....what a blessing you have each other and are able to pour your art into song...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!