Thursday, December 18, 2008

Marathon & Freebies

Well, Ted ran his first marathon on Sunday! It was incredible to see so many people out there supporting the runners. And we keep getting more donations coming in from the run, which will help fund our band's cd, along with 5% going to Life Communities, and 5% going to Free the Slaves. So all in all, it has been a great experience.

When I checked one of my favorite blog sites the other day, Healing Expressions, I discovered I had won a giveaway! I've never won anything before, so I can't wait for my package to arrive. I've been really surprised at how many art blogs have giveaways. It's such a wonderful idea, and really encourages people to share ideas and to keep coming back for more.
I've also discovered a few blogs that are dedicated to giving away free images. They're great to play with in art projects. Here are some I've found, and let me know if you know of more out there I can add to the list! The Graphics Fairy, The Vintage Moth, and Old Photo Album. You can also sign up for free images weekly at Dover Publications and they'll email you every Wednesday with more.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!